Being on a hill, our hireable exhibition, project, teaching and event facilities are arranged on two ground floors, with a first floor of private artists’ studios above (See Floor Plans).
Spaces available to hire (please call 01795 535515 for prices and bookings):
- Upper Gallery (Ground Floor off Abbey Street): Approx 90.5 sq m (974 sq ft)
- Project / Teaching Space (LGF off Belvedere Road): 32.1 sq m (346 sq ft)
- Printmaking Studio (LGF): Approx 29 sq m (312 sq ft)
- Performance Space (LGF): Approx 109.2 sq m (1175 sq ft) + Backstage 24.1 sq m (259 sq ft)
- Lower Gallery (LGF): Approx 112.4 sq m (1209 sq ft) + Tunnel 72.4 sq m (779 sq ft)
Despite incomplete conversion works our Printmaking Studio and flexible Project Space host many activities / classes including creative upholstery, ceramics, mask-making or cartoons for kids, linocut printing, flower arranging, and experimental sculpture. The new Lower Gallery and Front Staircase will open soon, accessed from the Main Entrance lobby. This quiet, new, dedicated gallery space will encourage more diverse exhibitions, in parallel with the busy, multi-functional Upper Gallery. Our multi-use Performance Space currently houses exhibitions, Life Drawing and various events, but still needs funds for improvements such as a level timber floor, barrel-ceiling renovation, heating, lighting, and backstage facilities.